Installation Guide for Movable Dance Pole
- Tube & Inner Liner
- Floor Flange (shown on right)
- Ceiling Flange (shown on left)
- Locking Stem
Finding the Right Location
Locate ceiling joist. Mark the centre of your ceiling joist. Centre your ceiling flange on the ceiling joist. Mark this location. You will need a clear area that is free of obstruction to setup your dance pole. You will also need a clear area to exercise when installed. Test your area by extending your arms all the way around to ensure that your body will not interfere with any furniture or fixture.
- Locate & Mark your Ceiling Joist & Floor
- Drop a weighted line from the ceiling joist to the floor. Mark your floor
- Assemble your Dance Pole
- Loosen the nut & pole receiver to allow clearance from ceiling
- Loosen approx. 1/2" – 1” to allow adequate space
- Slip pole over the floor flange receiver & position top & bottom where marked
- Raise your Dance Pole to the Ceiling.
- Position the centre of your ceiling flange to the Joist Markings (floor & ceiling - step 1)
- Once aligned tighten your ceiling flange until the Dance Pole is held in place
- securely. Tighten the pole to the ceiling by moving the threaded receiver into place.
- Use a Ladder & a spotter to ensure safety. Don’t over tighten yet.
- Once taught, use a level to ensure that your Dance Pole has been set at a 90 degree angle (from the floor & ceiling).
- Adjust your pole so that your vertical placement is showing level (middle of the bubble on your level)
Tighten the compression until sufficiently compressed (use wrench or channel locks)
Test your Installation
If you feel that the pole is too loose then add more compression to the ceiling flange until sufficiently held in place. You may need to tighten again after using.